A housing allowance must be compensation for ministerial services and should not exceed a minister’s reasonable compensation. Ministers must substantiate their actual housing expenses. Otherwise, all or part of the housing allowance designation is included in gross income.

For more information? Please email us at [email protected] to discuss your situation with a Payroll Specialist.